The Portland Conservatory of Music offers internships with stipends to college and high school students. The internship program can be designed to accommodate both the interests of the intern and the needs of the Conservatory.
At this time, we do not have an opportunity for an internship, but encourage you to visit us again for future updates.
“Interning at PCM was an invaluable experience for me. I grew personally and professionally, while learning both the fundamentals and nuances of a nonprofit organization. The Conservatory is a welcoming environment, where the faculty and staff are supportive and kind. As part of this internship, I was given the opportunity to work on projects that made a difference, while also learning about the everyday tasks necessary to keep a nonprofit running. I gained experience in marketing, event planning and implementing new programs, as well as communicating with parents, students, and faculty. I was able to see excellent performances by both PCM students and professional musicians, and attended events with the Executive Director. This internship exceeded my expectations in every way and I cannot speak highly enough about my time at the Conservatory”
- Attending events with the Executive Director
- Assisting in preparation for Board of Directors meetings
- Reaching out to local organizations to promote PCM’s programs
- Writing sponsorship letters to get funding for new programs and events
- Writing press releases for upcoming events and new programs
- Communicating directly with members of the press to showcase PCM events
- Communicating with event photographers
- Developing and implementing ideas for recruiting new students
- Writing letters to recruit potential students
- Designing and updating pages of the PCM website
- Designing logos for new groups and ensembles at PCM
- Creating flyers for upcoming events and new programs
- Developing forms for new programs and updating existing forms
- Contacting local music educators to facilitate a relationship between them and PCM
- Posting on the PCM Facebook Page
- Planning events and schedules for the upcoming semester
- Taking inventory of new music and other resources acquired by the conservatory
- Communicating directly with parents, students and faculty to complete tasks
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, call (207) 775-3356, or visit tour offices at 202 Woodford St., 3rd Floor, Portland, ME 04103.