The Portland Conservatory of Music has offered paid and unpaid internships for college and high school students. We currently have an opening for an unpaid internship.
We can design the internship program to accommodate both your interests and the needs of the Conservatory.
Leo Ledman, 2018-19
Marketing intern and jack of all trades! Leo also served as an interim registrar and website producer. It was great working with you, Leo.
Emma Matusovich, Summer 2018
Emma did an amazing job organizing our sheet music. We were particularly impressed with Emma’s can-do attitude and efficiency in getting things done. It was sheer pleasure having Emma as part of the PCM team. Thank you, Emma!
Olivia Stam, Summer, 2017
What a pleasure it was to have Olivia with us. She was hard working, professional, and had an effervescent personality that made working with her a delight. She wrote the below message detailing her internship at PCM.
“Interning at PCM was an invaluable experience for me. I grew personally and professionally, while learning both the fundamentals and nuances of a nonprofit organization. The Conservatory is a welcoming environment, where the faculty and staff are supportive and kind. As part of this internship, I was given the opportunity to work on projects that made a difference, while also learning about the everyday tasks necessary to keep a nonprofit running. I gained experience in marketing, event planning and implementing new programs, as well as communicating with parents, students, and faculty. I was able to see excellent performances by both PCM students and professional musicians, and attended events with the Executive Director. This internship exceeded my expectations in every way and I cannot speak highly enough about my time at the Conservatory.”
- Attending events with the Executive Director
- Assisting in preparation for Board of Directors meetings
- Reaching out to local organizations to promote PCM’s programs
- Writing sponsorship letters to get funding for new programs and events
- Writing press releases for upcoming events and new programs
- Communicating directly with members of the press to showcase PCM events
- Communicating with event photographers
- Developing and implementing ideas for recruiting new students
- Writing letters to recruit potential students
- Designing and updating pages of the PCM website
- Designing logos for new groups and ensembles at PCM
- Creating flyers for upcoming events and new programs
- Developing forms for new programs and updating existing forms
- Contacting local music educators to facilitate a relationship between them and PCM
- Posting on the PCM Facebook Page
- Planning events and schedules for the upcoming semester
- Taking inventory of new music and other resources acquired by the conservatory
- Communicating directly with parents, students and faculty to complete tasks
For more information, please email email@example.com, call (207) 775-3356, or visit tour offices at 202 Woodford St., 3rd Floor, Portland, ME 04103.