The Portland Conservatory of Music is committed to the health and safety of everyone that enters the building and will adhere to current Federal and Maine CDC guidelines as they pertain to COVID-19.
Masks are optional in common spaces at PCM unless otherwise noted. Faculty members may require masks during private lessons or group classes.
Proof of vaccination and booster is required for all faculty and staff. PCM students and families are encouraged to disclose their vaccination status to faculty, but PCM is not requiring proof of vaccination for students at this time except for certain group classes.
Sanitizing stations are located throughout the building.
IF YOU Test Positive for COVID-19:
- Do not come to PCM through day 5 of your illness, regardless of your vaccination status.
- If you have no symptoms or your symptoms are resolving after day 5, you may return to the building but must wear a mask through day 10 or until you have two negative tests, 48 hours apart.
- If your symptoms are resolving after day 5 but still have a fever, do not come to PCM until your fever resolves. You still must wear a mask through day 10 or until you have two negative tests, 48 hours apart.
- If you are symptomatic after 5 days, had moderate to severe symptoms , do not come to PCM until day 10.
IF YOU Were Exposed to Someone with COVID-19 and are testing negative:
- And are not experiencing symptoms, you may come to PCM if you are not experiencing symptoms. You must wear a mask for 10 days after exposure.
- If you are experiencing symptoms do not come to PCM for 5 days. If you have no symptoms or your symptoms are resolving after 5 days, you may return to the building but must wear a mask through day 10.
IF YOU Are Experiencing COVID-19 Symptoms:
- You need to obtain a negative COVID test before returning to the building, regardless of vaccination status.
- If you test negative, you can return to the building.
Locations where Maine provides free tests
Vaccination clinic locations
Official CDC Guidelines
Date: December 9th, 2022