Financial Aid and Scholarships
Portland Conservatory of Music strives to provide access to music education to students from all financial backgrounds. We currently offer partial scholarships of 15% to 20% off our regular tuition rates for qualifying students.
Need-based financial aid is awarded on an annual basis and is applied to all lessons from the date of the award confirmation through the academic year and subsequent summer session. (Students must reapply in advance of each new academic year which begins in September.)
Please fill out and submit the following form in order to apply for need-based financial aid: Financial Aid Application-2018-19
A limited number of Extended-Lesson Scholarships are available each semester for private lessons. These scholarships reward dedicated students by providing an additional 15 minutes of free lesson time every week throughout the course of the semester.
To be eligible for an Extended-Lesson Scholarship, students must be registered at PCM and be intending to take private lessons for the full semester.
The auditions for 2018-2019 will take place on Monday, August 27th from 3:00 to 6:00 p.m.
Please fill out and submit the forms below before Monday, August 20th, and contact us to reserve your audition time.
- Extended Lesson Scholarship Student Application Form 2018-19
- Extended Lesson Scholarship Faculty Recommendation Form 2018-19
Multiple Family Member Discounts
We offer a multi-family member discount for private lessons only. If more than one person in an immediate family is taking private lessons at PCM, the discounts will be as follow:
- The first student in family pays full tuition for private lessons.
- The second student in family receives 5% off tuition for private lessons.
- The third and all additional family members receive 10% off tuition for private lessons.
The Portland Conservatory of Music offers a 5% military discount on private lessons for active duty personnel, reservists, and retired or disabled veterans.
For more information:
- Call us at 207- 775-3356
- Email us
- Or stop by the PCM office at 202 Woodford Street, 3rd Floor, Portland, ME 04103